Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Early Morning in Oloika

Dear followers! It is 6:00am here and I thought I would grab a moment to blog while all the students are still sleeping. They are getting up soon as our day starts early! I just want to let all you parents know that you would be so proud of the way your kids have worked on this trip! They are even amazed with themselves at times with how they get out of bed so early and work so hard out in the hot sun. Spirits are good, new relationships have formed and it is quite a privilege to be part of it all. Ms. Smith

A quick message to Oliver and Eliza.......Yes! I saw 4 giraffes yesterday on my way up to the school. They were really far away but I spotted them because I've been determined. I have to thank Kassandra because she forgot something so I went back to camp with her to get it. Others have seen some animals on their way to the home stays. At our camp site we have really interesting bugs. You wouldn't believe how big the grasshoppers are. Also, we saw an ostrich on our way from Nairobi! Love you:) Mom.

2 comments:

  1. Ms. Smith & Mr. Clarke -- thanks for the update! It is nice to know that our children are in good hands. I know that one of the biggest reasons Emily wanted to go on this trip was because you two were leading it. No kidding. I enjoy reading your little exchanges with your children, Ms. Smith. You must miss them terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both for taking such good care of the kids, its an amazing experience...I like that Kassandra had to go back for something and you got a little surprise...Safe travels back.

    ReplyDelete